10 Bible Verses For Kids to Read As They Head Back to School
Do you want to encourage your kids as they go back to school this summer or fall? Here are some Bible verses about God’s love for us, love of God’s word, and love for others that you can read to your child or have them to read as they head back to school or start a new school year.
- Psalm 18:1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
- Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
- 1 John 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
- Psalm 119:97 O how love I thy law! it is my mediation all the day.
- Psalm 119:47 And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved.
- Psalm 119:140 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
- 1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
- Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
As your kids go back to school, whether they attend traditional school or are homeschooled, remind them how much God loves them. Also, remind them of the importance of loving God and His Word. Encourage them to memorize Bible verses so that they can encourage themselves in the Lord. Another great reminder for children is how they are supposed to treat and love others.
Interested in having these 10 Bible verses for your kids available as scripture cards?! Then check out this set of scripture cards.
7 Ways to Use the Scripture Cards
You can use these cards in a variety of ways:
1. Use them to help your child memorize Bible verses. Use them to so that your child can visually see the verse as they are trying to memorize it.
2. Use them to remind your child of God’s love.
3. Use them to encourage your child to love God’s Word. We want our children to delight themselves in God’s Word.
4. Use them to encourage your child while they are at school. For example, you can use them as lunch box notes. The back is blank and you can write a personal message to your child on the back. They can find the note in the lunch box when they are at school. 🙂
5. Your child can decorate their desk area using the cards.
6. Your child can put them on their walls in their rooms.
7. Your child can give them to friends.
As your child goes back to school, another 11th verse that I think is good for kids to know is: Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
We want to instill God’s Word in our children’s heart. I truly believe it is one of the most important responsibilities that we have as parents. We need to encourage our children to delight themselves in God’s Word, to hide God’s Word in their hearts that they might not sin against Him. We want them to Love God and His Word! Keep putting His Word in them! 🙂
To check out the scripture card set that contains the 10 numbered verses, please check out the set in my Etsy shop. Thanks!